In this article we would like to introduce the free and freely available software online tool Jamboard, which offers the possibility to work with several participants simultaneously on a virtual whiteboard.
With the help of simple tools such as notes, pictures and drawings, an idea can be collected, structured or presented on Jamboard. There are tools for collaboration with comments / notes and sketching and annotation tools. Templates can be designed by the user. Furthermore, multi-page notebooks can be designed with ease.
Application areas are in the form of group work, as it offers easy digital for brainstorming or collaborative working, as it is applicable for teams of any size looking for a digital collaboration solution.
- Smartphone, Tablet
- Android or Apple
Use for free or pricing
- Free access with a Google Account with basic tools
- Purchase versions possible, but not necessary
Benefit for career guidance and counselling
In small or larger groups e.g.
- Collect initial information on occupational fields, professions or training opportunities
- Present different fields of activity within an occupation.
In individual work and for comparison in the group as well as for downloading as a PDF:
- Collect own interests, skills, strengths
- Diary of a practical experience or days of work experience “taster days
Learning curve for an ICT beginner (in hours, or days)
- Very easy
- For beginners 1-2 hours
- For advanced persons half an hour
Limits (e.g. didactics, technical issues, language, number of participants etc …)
1 person creates a Jamboard via a Google Account and can invite participants with 2 different possible accesses.
Languages: according to Google